The land of Tamalpais has gone through several changes throughout the years. As an unincorporated community in Marin County, California, Tamalpais was once known as Big Coyote and was inhabited by Native Tribes Miwok and Tamal. During the 19th century, maps referred to the area as Coyote Hollow, which was part of Rancho Sausalito. By 1838 the land was under the San Francisco Savings Union, and from there, various families of dairyman owned it. For about 60 years, these families established and ran a dairy ranch in the area. Land developers purchased the land in 1908, and from there to now, Tamalpais has grown into a thriving suburban community.

Along with its development, the community of Tamalpais provides various outside activities for everyone in the family. The biking and hiking trails feature majestic views from some of California’s most beautiful natural wonders. Visitors and residents can enjoy the scenery of Mount Tamalpais, the Marin Headlands, San Francisco Bay, and the Pacific Ocean. And with the Golden Gate Bridge approximately 10 minutes away, the rich, historical surroundings are available for everyone.